Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Darcy's room



Here is Darcy's room! Lee, my dad and I worked tirelessly on this room. We started by scraping off the popcorn ceiling and retexturing the ceiling. That was a hard and messy job! Then we added a new fan and light fixture. We then painted the walls white. Next we bought wainscoting and chair rail. We painted the wainscoting black and the chair rail red and put those on the wall. Also we put up crown molding, it makes the room look polished. I have to give major props to my dad for all his hard word. He spent many a late night at our house working on the room. I guess a grandpa is willing to do that for his granddaughter! Also a major thanks to my wonderful husband for his hard work as well. All the bedding was made by my VERY talented mother and sister. My favorite colors are red and black so we searched and found several great fabrics to make the perfect bedding. It turned out great, as you can see and I love it! My good friend Autumn hung Darcy's name above the crib and it turned out really cute. Well as you can tell this room was a labor of love and many people contributed to make my vision come to life! Thanks to all those who helped! I am sure Darcy will be very comfortable in her room!










She has just a few bows to choose from! My friend Many Cotten made this adorable bow holder. My sister Amanda made several of the bows.




Lee and I sanded and repainted this changing table that my sister Amanda and brother in law Troy gave us. I was happy with how it turned out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment